“Hydrogen on the Move”
Friday December 8th, 2017
DATE AND TIME: LOCATION:
Fri, 8 December 2017 Hart House Building, University of Toronto
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST 7 Hart \House CircleToronto, ON M5S 3H3
How can hydrogen-based technologies support the de-carbonization of the transpotation sector in Ontario?
On Dec. 8, join us for “Hydrogen on the Move” our full day conference and forum held at Hart House on the University of Toronto campus. This event is the fourth of our Hydrogen Business Council forums on hydrogen technology solutions, and is co-hosted by the U of T Institute for Sustainable Energy. We will bring together a comprehensive slate of speakers to present on the status of hydrogen-based transportation plans, initiatives and projects here in Ontario. Presenters will include hydrogen equipment suppliers and developers, potential end users, project managers, R&D leaders and various ‘clean energy’ stakeholders in this province. Major projects are being planned or are underway – come and get informed, ask questions and share knowledge.
Some of the session topics and key presenters:
- Opening remarks from MPP Arthur Potts, PA for the Ontario Ministry of Environment and Climate Change
- Panel on why Metrolinx is studying the feasibility and economics of the ‘Hydrial’ option for electrification of GO Transit
- Presenters from Canadian hydrogen technology suppliers – eg: Hydrogenics, Next Hydrogen and Ballard Systems
- Session topics on hydrogen applications for all ground transportation: rail, buses, heavy duty vehicles and fleets
- Updates on the development of electrolytic H2 fueling infrastructures utilizing low emission electricity
- Presentations from R&D leaders who are bringing new and improved H2 technologies to commercialization
- Discussions on how best to leverage Cap and Trade funding for early stage, demonstration and fully commercial hydrogen projects.
A full day of learning and sharing will include light breakfast, lunch and networking coffee breaks.
Immediately after the close of the conference a reception and social mixer is being planned that will allow for more networking with speakers and other participants. As details are finalized more information regarding location and time will be sent to registrants.